Tuesday, October 24

Lamma Fun Day 2006 - 4

Thanks to all who come on the fun day and visit my home. I know you guys/girls are tired. But I wish all of you enjoy the event.

Because of the time limitation, we don't have the ball game this year. I did not really count but it looks like this year got fewer people. However, the Lamma Fun Day did draw some media attention. According to lamma.com.hk, SCMP Young Post has a cover story on the Lamma Fun Day. The article can be found here.

I think the promotion on that day is better than last year. Road sign with balloon were placed along the Main Street showing direction to the beach. Those who wears "LFD Volunteer" help a lot. I saw some of them standing next the gas store and distributing leaflet of the Lamma Fun Day.

The weather is unexpectedly HOT, and it is amazging that lot of people were swimming on that day. I like the music too, though there are less bands this year and the stage is less sexy as in the last year. Because of the stall, I can't stay on the beach for a long time (a little unfair to my friends). But we did stay on the beach listening to the music and drinking beers, yeah !

For our stall, we don't have game but selling jewellery and stuff we bought from South-East Asia. One stall had art workshop on Mosaic art work which we wanted to hold last year but we can't do it as we don't have enough people. The stall was located next to the "face painting base camp" and I must say workshop is very successfully and I think the kids just love it.

One more thing, does any know who sang psalm (is it ?) on that day? It is funny that they actually start singing right next to Grandma-Tofu Fa (亞婆豆腐花). Well, who expect to have LIVE performance when you are eating a $5 Tofu Fa?

2 comments:

Lamma-Gung said...

Hello Simon,
You've got some fine photos of the Fun Day here. Would you like to enter them for the "official" Fun Day photo gallery on their website at www.LammaFunDay.com?

I'm collecting the best photos from some of the many people taking pictures that day!

As I had a Lamma.com.hk stall myself, selling Lamma Wildlife desktop calendars, I didn't have time to shoot enough photos myself.

OK?

Simon Li said...

Sure I understand. I have too little time to shoot pictures too. Let me consolidate and send them later.